PAGES

Monday 7 March 2011

REPORTING FROM GHANA


Is it just me or does Monday creep in faster than the weekend jets out? (Now that’s coming from a fellow who skipped out on last week Monday’s post)

But fear not FAB beings; SuperBori is back and reporting live from Accra, Ghana. Before you begin to judge me, thinking I am on a gallivanting spree, trying native dishes (ps. Kenke and my belly are so not compatible), meeting some well endowed Ghanaian beauties (well I met a few), partying hard (errmm, it was just on one night) and flaunting my FAB nature (now THAT I did every single second), I simply went to justify my monthly paycheque from FAB Magazine.

Like a lot of you know (either as firsthand witness or through hearsay), Ghana is a beautiful country with interesting people and for me, each visit gets better than the last. Responsible for my enjoyable stay this time is Richmond, FAB Magazine’s recently appointed advert representative in Ghana. Richmond is a wonderful individual - easy going, focused, fun-loving and very detailed - who ensured I had a swell time as I carried on with work. His knowledge of Ghana was very essential in making my job easier and for this reason; more of Ghana can now enjoy a healthy, quarterly dose of FAB Magazine.

It was great to see that Ghanaians have accepted FAB Magazine as their own, dishing out mind-blowing, head-swelling compliments as they marvelled at the price. I remember the manager of one of the top supermarkets asking in native pidgin "Charley, how this quality thing be five cedis eh, you no like money?"

All in all, it was a splendid experience and believe it when I say it is time for FAB domination in Ghana.

As I prepare to hit Las-gidi (Lagos) later today, I want to say a big thank you to Richmond, as well as my new chatty, special friend (don’t worry about the sex and name) for making my stay a very pleasant one. Will miss you guys plenty and also miss hearing that awesome pidgin language. I sure will be back real soon (Mr FAB...*hint*).

Sorry I have got no pictures to share as I forgot to come along with my USB cord, maybe next time. Got to run now, see you in Gidi.

I’ll leave you with a list of places where FAB Magazine can be purchased in Accra, Ghana.

NAME
LOCATION
JULIKART BEAUTY CHOICE
KUKU HILL, OSU, GHANA
SILVERBIRD LIFESTYLE STORES
ACCRA MALL, TETTEH QUARSHIE, GHANA
MAXMART
EAST LEGON, ACCRA, GHANA
ACCRA MALL PHARMACY
ACCRA MALL, TETTEH QUARSHIE, GHANA
PIPPA’S HEALTH CLUB
EAST LEGON
MEDIA PHARMACY
EAST LEGON
LA FIESTA HACIENDA SUPERMARKET
MADINA, OPP INSTITUTE OF PROFESSIONAL STUDIES
PILLS AND TABS
LEGON, OPP UNIVERSITY OF GHANA
NEENI’S GIFT GALLERY
INSIDE AMISA HOTEL, RIDGE
COUNTRY KITCHEN
RINGWAY, OSU.
JIL BOUTIQUE
OSU
JIL BOUTIQUE
ACCRA MALL
VIVA BOUTIQUE
11TH LANE, OSU, ACCRA
LARA MART
OSU
DA VIVA
OSU
HOLIDAY INN
KOTOKA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
LOK GIFTS
FIESTA ROYALE HOTEL, DJORWULU.
KOALA SUPERMARKET
OSU, ACCRA
LA BOUTIQUE
AFRICAN REGENT HOTEL, TETTEH QUARSHIE, ACCRA
PIPPA’S HEALTH CLUB
RINGWAY, OSU
TM LEWIN BOUTIQUE
OSU
TM LEWIN BOUTIQUE
ACCRA MALL
TEBAZILE JEWELLERY
 ALYS PLAZA, OPPOSITE MEDIFEM HOSPITAL, DJOWULU

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels