PAGES

Thursday 27 January 2011

SO MUCH FOR SO MUCH LESS: BUY NIGERIA

WALE O. IN THE FAB HOUSE!

Gucci morning to everyone,

It's my very first post on here, so please permit me to be fierce on words as it's the least I can afford. 

Don't get me wrong, I purchase them high fashion brands like GUCCII,PRADOA,TOM&MARY HILFINGER etc. (all fake,so what?) but there has been so much talk and debate on buying Nigeria, so I decided to save my money and 'tried Nigeria.'

RALPH LAUREN VELVET SLIPPERS
The other day I was flipping through a GQ Magazine when my eyes caught a pair of RALPH LAUREN velvet slippers and immediately, I started smiling like I already owned them. I was able to line up 5 events I would rock it to until the price tag rolled its eyes at me and sent a cold shock down my spine: a lousy £6,000... Don't even let me start on the wonders that figure would perform in my life.

Out of mixed feelings of not being able to have those shoes and the thought of the price tearing my future pocket, I picked up my phone and called Abbey - the only shoe maker whose language I understand: he speaks between #4,000 and #10,000. I told him my need and gave him my shoe size and he told me to be back in a week.

7 days finally went by and I got hold of my slippers... :D

ABBEY VELVET SLIPPERS

So much, for so much less!

I can proudly tell people they're locally made after all... better than hiding the extra I in my GUCCII, so really buying Nigeria feels really great!

7 comments:

  1. Can I have abbey's number plssss...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like his take on this issue.Most advocates of 'Buy Nigeria' often focus on the big names/designers(whom we know the average Nigerian cannot afford). 'Buy Nigeria' can be the tailor that sews down the street or the shoe maker in Balogun market.Cute slippers btw, they look extra comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this blog! NEVER settle for fakes...fake friends...fake life...fake products BE AN ORIGINAL buy GENUINE products whether at home or abroad, whether big designer name or not! I'm coming up soon (Feb) with a product for people who love beautiful genuine designer stuff but have no money! Meanwhile keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love,love love..............great post and a perfect subject to talk about!
    i'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lmao@hiding the extra "I" in your Gucci. Lovely, well written piece. Big whoop man!x

    ReplyDelete
  6. All sing..."We are family!, FAB, Suby-Sinem, all the FAB team and Skee!" repeat Chorus 3 times, NO AUTOTUNE PLS!

    Btw, Sinem, your in my address book under family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwwww Skee, you're in my address book under Genius. :) only very few of them: you and me. (evil genius laugh)
    Joking aside, we are family, the FAB family. :) Sinem

    ReplyDelete

Labels