PAGES

Tuesday 25 January 2011

SOLO ONO


Pepper's in the FAB House!

Pepper Okwesa, FAB Fashion Editor

Last week I popped down to Lanre Da Silva’s boutique where Ono Bello’s press day was held. The last time I was here was when I had two taxi loads of models lapping each other for Lanre Da Silva’s Vlisco collection fitting for FAB Night Out. 

This was the first time of meeting Ono despite our many emails to and fro to each other. Former This Day & Arise Magazine journalist, every bit chic and sophisticated once you get past her stunning legs, chose a Tuesday afternoon to publicise her solo step into PR and online media with her online magazine www.onobello.com  and PR agency PR Uno.

Pepper Okwesa and Ono Bello
Captured by Jorge Okwong 

The press day was short and sweet and was a nice getaway from responding to the backlog of emails that have been haunting me. The small chops (chicken bites, spring rolls, puff puff - but no gizzard for me please) was plenty with Red Velvet Cupcakes for desert which, second to the Cupcake Cuties I had in Abuja, are the best cakes I have had in Nigeria - soooo yummy. I have both owners’ numbers and will be placing my very large orders… I dey vex!

Red Velvet Cupcakes

So we listened and ate attentively while Ono (I really love her name) expressed her long awaited intentions to gather her wealth of experience in fashion and print media with both hands and bring innovative solutions across all sectors with her agency, whilst revolutionising style and highlighting Nigerian and African achievements with her magazine. She certainly does not do things in halves and I wish her all the best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels